Friday, July 3, 2009

The Wizard of Oz (1939)

Holly's post pretty much summed up my feelings for The Wizard of Oz. This movie never fails to be mesmerizing. I'm sure anyone who has seen it can recall their first experience of seeing Oz; Dorothy's character is universally identifiable. Honestly, The Wizard of Oz is about as close as you can find to watching the perfect movie. I just cant think of another movie from that time period (or today really) that holds up as well as Oz. Last summer I saw The Dark Knight twice, and then on a trip to England they happened to be playing it as the inflight movie, so I figured I would give it another shot. It's not to say that it didn't carry over or was not entertaining- but just there wasn't much that came out of seeing it, that I hadn't already gotten in my viewings six months prior to that. But the Wizard of Oz never really gets old or boring. The characters, the music, the story, are all immortal. 


No comments: